The Yellow Dog Blog

More meaningless ramblings from another guy you don't know

Friday, December 29, 2006

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

It would appear that the Citgo boycott movement is gaining some traction. Notice the HUGE ad that appeared this morning on Mickey Kaus's blog at slate.com:

Would a company that isn't being affected by the backlash from its Venezuelan ownership spend the money it takes to run these ads? They obviously feel it's necessary to paint themselves as "an American success story" rather than the bankroll for a third world, Central American tin-pot Castro wannabe.
I don't think I've ever bought a nickel's worth of gasoline at a Citgo. There are only a few in my neck of the woods. However, if the choice was between giving my money to Hugo Chavez to fund his anti-American screeds and walking, I'd be doing a lot more ambulating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home